We have tried here to define what dehydration is and what are the symptoms for dehydration as a fact of Dehydrated process.
Get here the definition of dehydration that what is dehydration n symptoms for dehydration.
Dehydration: Dehydration is known as significant decrease in water content of the body. That means when there is less water in the body than body need.
Causes of Dehydration:
- Diarrhea and vomiting.
- Drinking low content of water.
- Excess sweating.
- Excess urinary out put.
- Sometimes taking laxatives and diuretics causes excess fluid loss.
Types of dehydration:
There are mainly three types of dehydration-
- Mild dehydration: 5% decrease of water content from total body amount.
- Moderate dehydration: 10% decrease of water content from total body amount.
- Severe dehydration: 15% decrease of water content from total body amount.
Signs and symptoms of mild and moderate dehydration:
- Dryness of the mouth.
- Excess thirst.
- Decrease in sweating.
- Decrease in urine formation.
- Decrease in elasticity of skin.
Signs and symptoms of severe dehydration:
- Decrease of blood volume.
- Decrease in cardiac output (heart beat).
- Hypovolemic shock.
Signs and symptoms of very severe dehydration:
- Damage of organs like brain, liver and kidneys.
- Mental depression and confusion.
- Renal failure.
Treatment of Dehydration:
As dehydration occurs for low amount water so, 1rst treatment will be drinking water again and again. Saline (packet/hand made by ¼ tab spoon salt and 2tab spoon sugar), tender coconut should drink in dehydration. Patient should drink slowly but again and again. As drinking too much water in one time causes vomiting and situation could be worsen than before. But for moderate and severe dehydration should take patient to hospital and dr. will do what patient need and may be he can suggest injecting saline.
Overhydration: Overhydration/ water intoxication occurs for excessive amount of water in body.
Treatment of overhydration:
Overhydration treatments by detecting the cause of it. Although patient have to intake fluid less than normal amount for few days. Dr. may advice limited fluid intake and sometimes they suggest some diuretics to increase the water excretion by the kidneys creating urine when overhydration is along with by blood volume excess.
Here you will get more information about Dehydrated: what is dehydration and more symptoms for dehydration .the links are available here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>